Friday, November 30, 2007

Snow in Seattle

The weather man is predicting snow in Seattle this weekend. I am fine with snow - I grew up in Alaska and am not affraid of a little snow. However, I am affraid of Seattle drivers in the snow! If you haven't been to Seattle picture a landscape of ridges where neighborhoods exist, which is awesome for scenic views but tough when it comes to snow and ice. Cars are literally parked all over the place randomly and people freak out (and of course I don't mean everyone in Seattle does this). It's crazy. Snow for the weekend is good timing though. I can't leave the house anyway because I have a huge order to send out on Monday. I am going to be in my house tieing Woobee Guides and tagging bibs and burps. I swear if people knew how much goes into packaging and sending out a piece of product (also called fulfillment - I didn't know that when I first started) they wouldn't bitch about the price of Woobee's.

So I have had some exciting news come up...my sales report tells me that I have increased my business this month by 500% compared to last year! Yes, i did type 500! The wonders of Woobee are starting to spread around the world. Hooray!

i would like to give a shout out to my friend Deb at Bellysock who gave me a great business tip...go to Costco and spend $70 on an external hard drive. You can download your whole hard drive onto it which will save your ass if you loss you laptop, break it, or it gets stolen. With my girls twirling and whirling I definately need that.

My GHTA tip...this one is from the panel I sat in on with Editor of major gift trade publications...

When putting together a press release focus on the 3 w's what, when, where, and how. Do not grand stand and talk about how "there is nothing else like this anywhere" or "this is the best product ever" etc. They want the information with no fluff and easy on the adjectives. Always include a picture 300dpi, 3 inches that is LABELED.

No comments: