Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gooble Gooble

For the record everyone - I have tried to post this numerous times but am having trouble with blogger...anyone else having difficulties? Let's see if it works today...

Happy holidays everyone! I sincerely hope you all had a wonderful weekend with friends and family. Seattle had unusually beautiful weather and we spent a few nights and Thanksgiving in Anacortes (the first San Juan Island that you can actually drive to) where my mom has two retail stores that my sister helps manage. Great stores downtown...a home and garden store and a lingerie style store.

(I am attaching a picture of Lola in front of my moms condo riding her stick horse. Notice the Woobee tied around her shoulders keeping her very cozy.)




Last weekend I went to San Diego representing BabyLegs (and Woobee) at the Gift and Trade Home Association conference. The GHTA is an organization whose membership are gift retailers, manufacturers of gift items, and sales reps / rep agencies in the gift market. The organiation is designed to bring communication and synergy to these three businesses that depend on each other for success by offering key note speakers, peer group discussions, and panel discussions from all different areas of the business. I found a lot of this information very useful in growing Woobee, but I also found an even larger sense of pride in BabyLegs. Nicole has worked hard and fast at implementing systems into operations that most of the companies I heard speak would love to have. I will be revealing tips Iearned at the conference with each post for a while.



Tips from the GHTA Conference 2007:

If you sell your product to retail stores provide them with a great sign...the word is that a good sign can increase sales up to 600%!

No comments: