Saturday, August 4, 2007

Working Moms...always working.

I believe I have mentioned that I signed on with a PR firm called 32 Flavors PR. I chose this boutique style firm because I really felt like Liz (the face behind the firm) had great style and she is a mom...not just a mom of one lil' girl, but pregnant with yet another girl. Some people in business suggested to me that it might not be a great idea to hire her with the new baby due to arrive soon and that she may not be able to give Woobee Kids the time it deserves to move forward. I say FOOEY! (and check out Fooey - I love this company).

Liz emailed me some pr opportunities with questions i needed to answer on Wednesday. I email her back that night late, expecting to have an email from her when I woke up (she's in NY 3 hours ahead). No email...hummm...I have a sneakin' suspition a new baby is in route. Turns out I am right and I get an email from her via Blackberry that afternoon, "thanks" for the questions I mailed back "had baby will be back in the office monday". Wow! I sent back a little congrats email and some trade show stuff expecting not to hear from her until monday, but no, I get another email from her via Blackberry responding to my trade show stuff! ROCK STAR! Newborn on the teet, Blackberry in the palm. That is a prime example of what it is like to be a mom and run a business...multi-tasking people. Mothers in business have a sense of obligation that is amazing. I could not be happier with my choice to support another mom in business who does a kick ass job. Thank you Liz!

1 comment:

Bananas said...

Hi! A few of us local ladies just started a site for Seattle-area mommy bloggers. We'd love to have you join if you're interested- www.seattlemomblogs.com. Also, we have your blog on our blogroll, but if you don't want it listed there please let us know! Take care! Jenny