Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Birthday Celebrations

Wow. I am in some sort of time warp. I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week! I swear it wasn't until I had children that my life started flying by at a frightening pace. On Friday I turned (gulp) 37. Now, I'm not one to be silly about growing older. I do not think I am OLD now that I am 37, but this has been the hardest bday yet. I just can't say the words t-h-i-r-t-y-s-e-v-e-n without thinking of a person way older and far more mature than myself. Other than my aching back and temperamental bladder (oh yeah, and the crows feet) I think of myself as so young.

Anyway, on the business side of life...our lawyer has come up with our first draft of the contract between Woobee Kids, BellySock, and BabyLegs. It looks very thorough with a few adjustments needed here and there. I am sure Nicole's lawyer will want to alter a few things as well. It is a lawyers job to first consider their clients. We want the contract to be fair to all parties involved. We've been waiting for months and now I can actually see that this will happen. It's super important that everything is signed before we attend the 3 September trade shows or else things start to get a little murky with the finances.

I had my first really bad manufacturing experience on Friday (happy bday to me). I picked up my first batch of product from my new local guy and out of 27 blankets I could only sell 4. Yes 4. The bibs were also crap. I was only able to save 3. I did have him stop blanket production (thank God), but the bibs were already sewn - 80! The big problem is that my inventory is tragically low and I do not have any more fabric in stock for some popular colors. The fabric supplier that I've been using is back ordered on my colors until the end of September. I wanted to change fabrics and am excited about the new cozy material, but now I will have to change two entire lines. Now think about what it means to change two whole lines...not just reordering hundreds (lot of hundrends) of yards of fabric and the manufacturing, but also having samples available for trade shows, literature on hand, line sheets altered, photos done, website changed, and press kits changed. It is a ridiculous amount of extra work 2 weeks before a show. But, it can and will be done. Oh, I am also adding a new product called the Super Woobee. I'll fill you in as it comes available - it is totally awesome!

The Outdoor Retail Show "product of the entry" is Smith sunglasses. The rep was so great to us and kicked down a pair of sunglasses each! I scored a very cool (a little too cool for me) gold metal frames pair of J.Lo style shades. I feel very hip in them - and am definately giving mix signals as I cruz around in my Volkswagon Vanagon. I need a new ride for shades:).

I'm going to bed, finally.


No comments: