Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Outdoor Retailer Trade Show

I am getting ready to fly to Salt Lake City to walk the huge and very cool Outdoor Retailers Show w/ Nicole from BabyLegs. We will be looking at cool new products, packaging, booth set-up, and other companies that may want to petition the OR group to have a children's section. If anyone out there has an outdoor product...and is interested in being part of this show, email me.

Here is the reality of being a mom that owns a growing business (here's a new pic of me, Ava, and Lola in the sunglasses). Leaving on a trip to a trade show is a logistical nightmare when it comes to girls (here they are with me at a BBQ). The idea of having my own business is that the girls don't need to be childcare 5 days a week (or even 4), and I can be available to help drop off and pick up from school/pre-school. So when something like a trade show comes up it is all hands on deck. Friends and family are called, favors are cashed in, and my husband gets a list of all the different places the girls need to be dropped off in order to have care (summertime and Ava's school hasn't started yet). Keep in mind that two children is much harder to find care for than one, especially when one is a potty training 2.5 year old. It literally takes me longer and more energy to plan for the trip than to go on the trip itself.

I really do appreciate my husbands flexible schedule Full Speed Ahead allows him (he designs bike parts - Peter Pan life). It would be impossible to do this Woobee Kids gig without that.

Hey, my friends (mother daughter team) just launched their web site and the clothes are great! The company is called Lil' Squirtz, and if you are into vintage looking original clothes you will love love love it. Check them out.

No comments: