Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Children, Coffee and Pajamas

I am a little ashamed to admit that I did not get out of my pajamas today. Summertime is killin' me in the productivity department. Thank God for coffee or I may not have got one thing done. Ava (my 5 year old) is not in any summer programs this month. Lola has started her school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but not knowing my husbands job situation we did not commit to camps for Ava - and I don't know about where you all live, but in Seattle you have to have summer programs booked in the winter. There is a huge 'you snooze you loose' thing going on around here.

Because of the nature of parenthood I am so grateful for my job flexibility at BabyLegs. Instead of going into the office I'll be working tonight for a while when the girls go to bed, and while my husband handles the evening routine. I was able to be home today so I tried to get work done with the girls playing around me and I invited my friends husband to bring their two boys over while he ran a bunch of errands. Children are actually easier in a herd, especially when I have work to do.

Alright, so every posting I am going to end my posting with a mention of one of the great companies I experienced at the Outdoor Retailers Show. One company I think is great is Darn Tough socks with they're amazing comfy socks made in Vermont (I love products that are locally made) and the hysterical Ric Cabot running the show. Ric has a hosiery mill in Vermont that makes BabyLegs natural colored organic wool and cotton products. He hooked me up with a cushy pair of footie's and I LOVE them. Check 'em out.

No comments: