Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What Happens When You Get Press?

Check me out. I am getting all crazy with this blogging stuff and adding pictures! This is Georgia kicking it at the park on a pistachio/chocolate Woobee blanket. Her mom Della Chang is an awesome photographer and took this shot.

The Parenting magazine August issue is out already to its subscribers. I know this because I have already had an increase in sales-hooray! This is not always the case for all press. It has been my experience that getting press does ot always equal immediate sales. Take Woobees piece in Seattle Metropolitan mag's "Best Of" July issue - I don't think I felt a thing from that sales wise. What I do get though is people seeing the product when I am out and about (I use the blankets for everything in the summer - towels, picnic blankets, wind blockers) and commenting on how they remember seeing Woobees in the magazine. So, even if it is not sales it is brand recognition which in return will bring you sales. Personally, I prefer the kind of pres that brings in immediate sales - call me crazy.

The girls are at summer camp from 10am - 3pm three days a week. I have been able to get a lot more work done with this new schedule and the best thing is I know they are having a great time. If all the stars are lined up, they will both take naps when they get home too - like today. When I have ample time to get business taken care of for Woobee and now also for BabyLegs, I am much more focused on my time with Ava and Lola. It has truly been amazing not waiting tables at night and being home with my family. I am a lucky girl!




No comments: