Thursday, July 19, 2007

Poop goes plop!

When my life is crazy tasks that seem to big are set aside until I have time to clearly think about their execution. Potty training Lola has been one of those tasks. She is attending a little pre-school 2 days a week in August and the children are supposed to be potty trained. In the past every time we had asked her to wear underpants she very adamantly shouted "NO" followed by throwing herself on the ground repeating "no underpants" over and over. Now that I no longer work nights I have actually taken time to think about this task and whoa-la, Lola is potty trained!!! Well, she doesn't use diapers except at night time, oh and she has only pooped in the potty once at a friends house.

Here's another wonderful use for Woobee blankets - lay them down on the bed or carseat soft side up when potty training to protect surfaces.

The poop thing was an issue for my eldest Ava too. She was scared of the sound of the poop hitting the water - plop! Lola is actually encouraged by this and has adopted the phrase "poop goes plop" as her mantra. I am so pleased with how quickly Lola figured out the whole pee thing I am just fine being patient about the rest of it. After all, I have a good feeling that she isn't going to college wearing a diaper at night so she can have her morning poop in "comfort".

Another practical and well known use for BabyLegs...potty training. Lola is adorable cruizing around in her naked bottom and green pok-a-dot BabyLegs.

No comments: