Monday, May 7, 2007

Hi Everyone

I am so excited to actually be starting my blog!! As a mom at home with my two girls during the day, working at night, and running my own company during naps and moments of child harmony, starting my blog has been on my list just under "surviving". Clearly I have managed to survive long enough to start the Woobee Mom blog - amazing. I would like to thank my friend Coffee, for who without I would get nothing done.

A little background about myself...I started a company called These Two Girls about 1.5 years ago and I design and manufacture Woobee products www.woobeekids.com. I am a mompreneur, which is one of the fast growing types of micro-business groups. Mompreneurs by definition are women who started a company after having children with ideas inspired by the little rascals themselves. I have to be honest, the name mompreneur sounds a bit silly to me. It lacks a certain seriousness about it, and let me tell you - we are seriously working our buns off.

Although I would now like to blog all day, while my girls are napping I want to enter some items in Quickbooks, which is for whatever reason ridiculously hard for me to do. Not the physical act of entering receipts, but the just sitting down to do it part. I did however finally get a new laptop and learned how to network my home computers and actually set up a remote desktop to the computer with my Quickbooks file!!! I just about cried when it all came together last night. You need to understand that I am NOT techy at all and this simple change will make a huge difference in my life. The time and energy I will save is remarkable.

Hooray, it's time for my afternoon coffee:)

No comments: