Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ah, interns

My life suddenly got better. I placed ads for interns on Huskyjobs.com and found my first intern, Fei. Although Fei is currently in China at a summer internship she has agreed to help me with some smaller projects until she returns to Seattle. I sent her 5-6 photo's that needed white backgrounds and she returned them the next day! It takes me forever to white out backgrounds! It makes me all tingly just thinking about it. The deal with bringing on interns is to have clear objectives for them and the experience needs to add some enrichment to their education...what can you do for them? I can offer interns clear project descriptions, with room to implement their own process to get the desired end result. I do not want to micro-manage someone. The opportunity here is that my interns will be able to list specific projects they were able to accomplish to move my business forward. It's all about how it translates to their resume folks. It has to be a win-win. In the process, you get (hopefully) good help and a fresh outlook. So frickin' awesome! Oh, and incidentally, I am still looking for one or two good peeps. If you know anyone that wants to gain experience in building a social media program or with PR give me a holler.

No comments: