Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All Work and No Play...

I know I haven't blogged in awhile, but I have been thinking about it (does that count?) I have also been working hard on something special for fall from These Two Girls. I will tell you all more about it as it gets closer, but I can say that I am working with a wonderful designer named Laurie Brown that has made developing this product a dream.


What else have I been working on? Getting Woobee Kids into the international market. This is no small task. Getting your products into the right distributors hands and making your price point attractive to them is all very tricky. I now have connections with Japan, Israel, Australia, Sweden, Germany, & Switzerland. Most of these relationships still need to grow and solidify, but just having the interest and contacts is a good first step. I anticipate some of the markets doing better than others. Where the US dollar is the weakest lends to better price points and more money for the distributors. A $70 blanket here in the US is around $45 in the EU. Crazy.


It is a little ironic that the product I am currently committed to having manufactured in the US I am looking to export. I find it very interesting that other countries value US made products more the US consumers. It has been my experience that many countries are willing to pay more for quality products and have less things, while the US consumer would rather have lots of "great deals". This is why selling to Target, Babies-R-Us, or Walmart are essential if you want a multi million dollar children's company. That my dears, is a whole other bag of worms.


Check out this picture of Ava and her Super Woobee, the perfect luxury beach towel.

No comments: