Saturday, June 30, 2007

No room to think, if I had it would it matter...

I find the record keeping part of business the most challenging, especially with children around. You need space to actively think when doing finances - physical and mental. Between the endless river of conversation that is my 5 year old and the mischievous nature of my two year old when surrounded by piles of paper, there is no way to carve out bookkeeping time while the girls are around. This is why I tend to go long periods of time before entering orders and receipts into the dreaded Quickbooks. I try to be practical when entering long overdue receipts and orders - I consider myself a level headed, common sense kind of girl. So why does everything seem so complicated with this accounting system? You take money in...money goes out...I enter the transactions and get back a mess of information that does not seem even vaguely familiar. When this merger with BabyLegs and Woobee is complete I will NOT be sad to see this duty go far far away.

No comments: