Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Whoa! Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been 7 months since I've blogged. Crap. I had wanted to write at least 4 times a week. Sometimes you just have to let a few things go for the greater good of your sanity...I mean business:)

BabyLegs, LLC. was acquired by a NYC company and I was laid off April 1st. Almost the entire Seattle office was dissolved except for the individuals that are needed to keep business moving forward. They have a good core group still hanging in there. I am very happy to have had all the experiences my job there has given me. I learned an amazing amount about the children's industry, manufacturing, how I want to run my business, and relationships in general. I made some very good friends and business connections, and again am so grateful to have had my position as BabyLegs Business Dev Manager for almost two years.

Here is what I did not really realize, working at BL while I was trying to grow my own business and take care of my girls was making my crazy. I was always concerned about doing good work for BL and putting my company on the back burner. I knew if I tried to hard to grow and succeeded there would not be enough hours in the day for me to do all the work. Even hiring contract workers takes time and effort to manage. I would not be able to handle that load, take care of myself, and be the mom I want to be.

Since I am able to focus on my own business I have lots of exciting things happening. I am working with Costco.com on a Rain or Shine Kids gift set...don't worry, all-weather WooBee blankets will not be offered. The set will be a 'B' blanket with a matching WooBee bib & burp. There are also some other large balls up in the air that could mean big things for RoSks, but I never get to excited until I see the money in my account.

I just signed a New Zealand distributor and Rain or Shine Kids will be represented at the huge CMB Expo in Shanghai at the end of this month. I am working with a great guy named Andrew French on expanding business in Asia. If you are interested in doing the same checkout Andy's site www.asiamtm.com. Let him know Heather sent you:) Look for a new all weather WooBee Asian influenced gift set for the holidays - it's launching in Shanghai.

Gotta get some sleep. I'm Tweeting now...kind of. @Rosks .

No comments: