Saturday, September 15, 2007

Childrens Products, Sore Feet, and Vegas


Hi Everyone,


Vegas, Vegas, Vegas. Holy Crap! The ABC Kids Expo was a crazy experience. The BabyLegs booth was on fire! We knew it would be a busy, but we had no idea this many retailers and exhibitors were in love with these adorable little leg and arm warmers. Woobee Kids and BellySock also opened new accounts, and it was great for our products to be able to attach our information to all the BabyLegs info going out.


I am very grateful for my set-up in the BL booth, but sharing space with BabyLegs has its good and bad points (mostly all good). When people come to see BabyLegs they are very focused. Retailers have a lot of decisions to make when ordering and are often overwhelmed with all the styles - around 100. Making those decisions in addition to all the other wonderful vendors surrounding them is totally overwhelming. Many buyers have a list of the vendors they need to order from and want to stay on track. No room in their day to find new lines. We were lucky to be able to slip our line sheets in with the BL's, but I can't help but wonder if I had more space with Woobee's displayed and layed out properly how they would do. Next year the three lines (BabyLegs, Woobee Kids, and BellySock) will have a 20 x 10 booth. So that should be much better for display options.


Loads of great products!!! The shopping at the end was a little crazy. I picked up some cute things for Lola and Ava, but I tried not to get out of control. So many parent owned companies. Check out Bink Link pacifier attachers. If my girls still used binkies i would own all of these! Another parent owned company and these parents are hard working and really good people. I love to know the stories behind products so I can support good people. There are way to many cool companies out there to have to support ones run by a**holes.


I'll talk about more great companies each post. Enjoy your weekend. I am still trying to go through all the contacts we made at the show...it is an enormous pile.

No comments: